This month is a mixture of many pursuits for me, both personal and professional. While many Washington writers attended the SCBWI WWA Professional Retreat, I went to one of a completely different kind with two of my best friends and came back all filled up. I feel a quietude within my own heart which is just right.
If you are pursuing your creations right now, here are a few links to consider:
Molly Blaisdell is offering daily inspiration and goal-setting at the Fourth Annual Golden Coffee Cup. Her post on becoming real and deep calling to deep spoke to my heart.
For a daily NaNoNuj (that's "nudge," for the trans-illiterate among us...a.k.a. me...), visit Deb Lund.
Jolie Stekly continues to post thoughtful, personal, and often very funny writing prompts to oil your writing machine every Monday at CuppaJolie.
Gail Carson Levine is brilliant and generously shares her writing wisdom on her blog.
If you are overflowing with encouragement, here are some people who would love some as they run the race:
- Miss Erin and Maya Ganesan collaborated on a truly stunning poem.
- Suzanne Young gave up Twitter to finish her novel draft. I think she's finally emerging from withdrawl.
- Karen Ann is sick and could use a virtual hug.
- Laini and Jim lost a best dog friend and could also use a hug.
- Cinde deserves a high five for getting Fargo excited about NaNoWriMo.
- Stop by and tell the Golden Coffee Cuppers how awesome they are.
And if you yourself need a hug (or a good laugh), check out Carrie Jones' grocery store misadventures #1 and #2.