NPR admits the task of narrowing the category of "beach read" wasn't easy - you'll find TWILIGHT next to UNACCUSTOMED EARTH next to THE UNBEARABLE LIGHTNESS OF BEING (one of my picks, incidentally).
What 10 will you vote for? Here are my choices from their list:
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
- The Great Gatsby
- The Harry Potter series
- Murder on the Orient Express
- One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Pride and Prejudice
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Which of your favorite beach reads would you have nominated?