I've been tagged - by seven people(!) - so apparently I'm more mysterious than I thought. I will try to dispell the mysteries, one secret at a time...
1. I've known I wanted to be a writer since I was four.
2. I wrote two teen romance novels when I was 13 (before I'd actually experienced teen romance). My friends would read them one page at a time as I wrote.
3. After I actually experienced teen romance, I wrote bad poetry.
4. My Senior Project was writing a short story, inspired by an issue of Sassy.
5. I totally miss Sassy.
6. I almost got a PhD in Comparative Literature before finding the courage to pursue my writing dream for real.
7. I thought I wanted to write/illustrate until I realized planning 32 pages of pictures was pure torture. A number of unpublishable picture books languish in my files. RIP.
8. I love to make art spontaneously.
9. It took a life-changing event for me to start writing stories that were meaningful to me.
10. If I had to guess at my spiritual gift, I would pick faith.
11. It takes a lot of faith to write a novel! Especially the first time.
12. I'm thankful for the people who believe in me.
13. Right now I'm working on a second novel, which will hopefully be "Book #2" in my contract. I'm really excited about it and hope readers will be, too.
14. There's a third novel in the queue...and I get chills when I think about it - happy chills and oh-my-gosh-is-it-even-possible-to-write-this chills.
15. My favorite childhood book is The Neverending Story, by Michael Ende. My favorite adult book is Invisible Cities, by Italo Calvino. They're not actually all that different.
16. I am the readergirlz "design diva" (bet that wasn't much of a mystery, though).
17. I'm a deacon at my church.
18. I'm very loyal to my friends, all of whom make me proud to know them.
19. Serendipitous things always seem to be happening to me.
20. I hope someday to write and illustrate a picture book (but not a lame one).
21. I've traveled to France, Monaco, India, all over the Caribbean, North America, through Amsterdam, Kuwait, and a few other places. My dream is to visit Egypt and Greece.
22. I played the piano and took dance lessons for many years and miss having a piano in my house.
23. I love to sing show tunes and am really awesome at singing games.
24. I met my husband at an 80's party and knew right then I wanted him in my life.
25. He calls me "TMI girl" and other nicknames too embarrassing/private to mention. He's my favorite person ever (along with You-Know-Who, who has even more nicknames than I do).
What are 25 things about you? Consider yourself tagged!