I've been tagged! By Justina Chen Headley, fabulous author, philanthropist, rgz co-founder, and fashionista extraordinaire.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
June 1998...I had just finished my first year of grad school (Comparative Literature at UW) and was hanging out with my amazingly wonderful boyfriend (who I am now lucky enough to be married to).
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
I am a compulsive list maker, so I will read from the actual list:
- BS Act III (revision)
- Minisession proposal for SCBWI WWA (cross your fingers they like it!)
- Send May rgz book winners (sorry, Sarah and Moore, I'm pathetically slow ;)
- Blog about conference (I'm going to LA!! Woohoo!!)
- Order Darcy Pattison's Novel Metamorphosis: Uncommon Ways to Revise (have you seen her blog? She rocks!)
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Fresh fruit. Marzipan. Trader Joe's red licorice.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I would set up scholarships for pregnant teens who wanted to finish school and go on to college. Create a foundation to help homeless teens find good homes and go to school. Sock a bunch of it in the bank so that my husband could do the non-profit work he dreams about, I could write novels all day, and our daughter could go to any school she chose (provided she was still willing to work her tushie off to get there!).
5) Places I have lived:
6) Jobs I have had:
fabric store clerk, epidemiology transcriber (fascinating), graphic designer, writer, mom
7) Tag: 6 people I wanna know more about (and in no particular order):
Susan Fletcher (I'm reading The Alphabet of Dreams right now...sigh)